Why use it? Why a water birth?
A water birth is not only very safe, but oh so much more enjoyable for the parents and the baby.
With a smooth transition from the belly to the land world, babies are calm and are born very gently. The sensations of the contractions are calmed by the warm, soothing water and you have the space to place yourself in the ideal positions for a natural birth.
Small apartments in big cities do not always have a bath that allows you to be submerged in water, get this pool for the optimal use of water during your birth!
Our location is for a full month, this way you are sure to be have time to give birth in your pool!
To rent our pool
High hygiene standards
With our high quality hygiene standards, all equipment is disinfected between births and a single-use plastic liner is provided to cover the inside of the pool.
We offer delivery and pick-up of all equipment for an additional fee and equipment rental is for a period of two weeks at a time.
Equipment worth $700 includes:
- La Bassine birthing pool
- Disposable plastic liner
- Hose for filling and emptying
- Pump for inflating and deflating the pool
- Submersible pump for emptying water from a swimming pool
- Water thermometer
- A small net
- Additional valve end pieces
- Instructions for ideal use
Rates and rental fees
- Rent for a month : 200$+txs
- Extra day: 15$+txs
- Delivery or pick-up fees: 30$+txs
- Deposit : 250$ – you get your money back after the pool is back in our offices
- You can pick up and drop off the equipment yourself at one of our drop-off points in Montreal (Mile-End).